Is there anything in nature as soul-stirringly sweet as honey? Honey must be what they meant when they coined the term “nectar of the gods.” Humans have been borrowing from the bees for eons, since that first hunter-gatherer dared to taste the golden treasure in the hive. The Ancient Romans knew honey as mel, which came down to us in mellifluous (sweetly flowing) and mellisonant (sweetly sounding): we can not only taste the nectar of the gods, we can also see it in motion and hear it. What does it sound like? Place your ear over an open jar of your favorite honey and listen intently. If you remain very quiet, you can hear the soul of the honey whispering, “Enjoy… Enjoy…”
As a local company, We ❤ Van partnered with a prominent honey producer who has been in this business since 1984. And now, it is our pleasure to introduce 100% Pure Canadian Honey produced in our backyard in Western Canada.
Our Organic Honey is certified organic and pesticide-free. This honey has a creamy, delicious flavor. In Canada, to qualify as organic, a 3 km radius of pesticide-free foraging area for the bees surrounding the hive is required. As a result, Certified Organic Honey is harder to find.
Our Raw Honey has not been subjected to the heat of processing, only warmed enough to flow. It contains live yeast and enzymes, because it has not been processed - and pollen because it has not been filtered, merely screened.
Our super-flavorful Cinnamon Honey contains Cinnamon and creamed honey which both have well-documented healing properties as well as the ability to fight bacteria and decrease inflammation.
Our Blueberry Honey is reddish amber in color and has a very pleasant aroma. Sourced from the flowers on wild blueberry bushes, the honey has a sweet flavor with a slight hint of blueberries. And it is crafted by nature without any added artificial flavoring. Blueberry Honey is a delightful natural sweetener. It tastes great with yogurt, lemon and melons. The delicious taste of Blueberry Honey also goes well with pancakes, ice cream or as an added sweetener in your tea.
Our Wildflowers Honey is darker in color and has a stronger flavor than regular honey. It is perfect for any recipe that calls for honey because you will taste more of the flavor of the honey in your finished product.
Our Liquid Honey is Clover honey which, like regional wine, will taste differently from year to year. This honey is a wonderful complement to biscuits and other breads. They come in 375g Bear jar, 500g glass jar, 500g squeeze, and 1Kg squeeze packages.
Benefits of Honey
Honey is a rich source of flavonoids and other phenolic compounds with antioxidant properties. Daily consumption of honey has been shown to:
- Improve heart health: Using honey instead of sugar will reduce your cholesterol levels and your risk of heart disease.
- Boost immune system: Honey helps the body resist bacteria, fungi and viruses and is a general tonic for the immune system.
- Treat cold and serious throat ailments: Honey has been used to treat colds, coughs and throat irritations for centuries. Take one tablespoon of honey in the morning and before going to bed.
- Heal wounds: Honey has many antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant properties that contribute to healing wounds by expunging bacteria.
- Make a wonderful natural energy drink: Combine honey with your favorite smoothie ingredients to make a delicious immune system booster. Come alive as the natural sugar in the honey enters the bloodstream and works to maintain your energy level.
- Have many other benefits: Honey has been shown to boost memory, manage weight, and work as a sedative at bedtime.